Some of my friends are crazy (a guide)
I don’t have many friends, so here’s my guide. And no, I don’t mean the hippies, I mean your other friends:
- Multitasking on your phone wasn’t important, until today-ish (or maybe in the last few months). Depends, ask them if they have the one that is all futuristic looking, or the one that looks from 1975. If the phone is square, then you’re wrong.
- Copy and paste, not important, until sort of today-ish. Or maybe last month. I don’t get why they bring this up, I’ve always had this.
- Tablet PCs, around since 1993, not important, until Just Now. (Note: don’t tell them today, they’ll get pissed off and blame you for being an asshole.)
- Flash (absolutely awesome, except for the last 6 months, and from now on, but not any other time during the last 5 years, it must have been awesome; don’t be a dick.)
- DO NOT BE LEFT HANDED.
- DO NOT BE KEYBUK.
- If the screen looks wrong, then you need glasses. The yellow is a loyalty check.
- When the guy who was supposed to drink beers with you this week finally shows up to your door 5 hours after the party is over, remind him that it’s just a fucking telephone. (Seriously, who wants to be your friend?)
- Books on an $190 dollar ereader, don’t tell anyone! FFS!