Application Menu status update for 2 July
The march of regular releases continues with yet another indicator-appmenu and appmenu-gtk release, as seen in Maverick and the Lucid PPA.
- We’re now on by default for UNE in Maverick. (Thanks didrocks and seb128!)
- Adding a new utility to make a mock application
- After you use the dump tool you can now use mockjsonapp to create a test app with the dump data.
- This makes it much easier to debug (this how Ted fixed the gimp menus)
- If an app is being problematic providing a menu dump is the easiest way to provide Ted with the data he needs to fix the menu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu#DebugTools
- I’ve removed the big grid of moin death from the wiki page as it’s hard to keep up to date and we’ve got more detail in the bug reports anyway.
- Cody has a bunch of other fixes for appmenu-gtk on hand, Ted will be reviewing them today so you might see some bugs closed that you won’t see released until next Thursday.
And of course, our home page with instructions on how to test: