Unity Bitesize Bug Report for 25 January
Welcome to another installment of the Unity Bitesize bug report. We’re a little over a week away from Alpha2. In case you missed it, Rick reports that the initial implementation of the Dash has landed.
Sam’s taken care of 2 long-annoying bugs this week. The first is the “menus drawing behind menus”, and bug 705324, which was causing the flash plugin to crash in Chromium repeatedly. This week also saw the death of Bug 693073, which painted an invisible menus in your screen, leading to the impression that your application wasn’t clickable, since there were invisible menus painting over it. This one was so annoying that didrocks uploaded it right away, the other fixes you can expect on Thursday.
Here’s a list of bugs that are Fix Committed, that is fixed in Unity trunk but haven’t been uploaded yet. This is basically “what to expect this Thursday”.
The Hit List
The following bugs need a helping hand, feel free to dive in and fix em up!
- 684193 compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in g_source_unref()
- 683547 Bottom launchers hard to expand with filled launcher bar, need edge scrolling
- 688816 Don’t create windows over the panel
- 677594 Workspace switcher useless with one workspace
- 686182 Unity launchers run multiple copies of program if clicked multiple times before the program loads
- 688407 Trashcan needs quick lists
- 689010 wrong icon for “blank cd-r disc” in launcher
- 600875 No documentation for using/configuring Unity
- 692444 clicking trash multiple times opens multiple instances of it.
Instructions for getting started are available here.
For more information check out the wiki page:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Bitesize
If you have any questions feel free to pop by on #ayatana on Freenode.