Unity Bitesize Bug Report for 4 January
aka. Holiday Leftovers
Time for another Unity status report. As you can expect due to holidays around the world not much progress was made other than expanding our waistlines.
Expect a flurry of activity this week as Unity developers spin up for the new year. Next week the Unity team will be sprinting in Dallas, Texas along with other members of the Canonical Platform team so expect a bunch of updates.
New to Unity but not Ubuntu is Shane Fagan, who adds a unity —replace command. Hey, it’s all about the little things. Matthew Rasmus returns with 2 fixes (both committed in trunk but not yet released, expect it on Thursday/Friday):
- 691765 - When a menu is triggered from Alt+key, app name stays visible on panel
- 691812 - Window border doesn’t get restored
- Stefano Candori has made progress on getting quick lists connected up to the Trash Can.
- Mathieu Trudel’s been looking at fixing the top panel’s multimonitor awareness.
The Big List
Lots of repeats here due to work stoppage, now is the time to jump in if you want a piece!
- 684193 - compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in g_source_unref()
- 683547 - Bottom launchers hard to expand with filled launcher bar, need edge scrolling
- 687956 - should display the launcher tooltips after a delay
- 687958 - should provide an IsUnityRunning() dbus method
- 688816 - Don’t create windows over the panel
- 689929 - Update managers Apply Settings window doesn’t trigger unity’s smarthide
- 691114 - Quicklists for icons at the bottom of the screen are clipped by screen edge
- 677594 - Workspace switcher useless with one workspace
- 681428 - scrolling does not work on the sound menu
- 686182 - Unity launchers run multiple copies of program if clicked multiple times before the program loads
- 688537 - Launcher icon tooltip not following system font update
- 689010 - wrong icon for “blank cd-r disc” in launcher
- 692967 - First-run of Unity should scan AWN, Docky and other popular launcher settings
- 600875 - No documentation for using/configuring Unity
- 692444 - clicking trash multiple times opens multiple instances of it.
- 693792 - Launcher icon goes behind launcher if dialog pops up while dragging icon
Here’s the full list.
Other Unity Work
- Mathieu Trudel continues to work on the nm-applet port to application indicators. He’s now got wireless icons in the dropdown. (This is a screenshot of it from his laptop, so this is just a tease, nothing landing yet)
- Conor Curran has sent along an update on what’s going on with the sound indicator
- Auto/intellihide is now on by default in trunk and intial support for using the Super key to invoke the launcher has also landed.
- The launcher now supports scroll events (like your mouse wheel).
Instructions for getting started are available here.
For more information check out the wiki page:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Bitesize
If you have any questions feel free to pop by on #ayatana on Freenode.