Unity Bitesize Progress Report for 20 December
It’s time for another Unity bitesize bug report. First off let’s welcome another new contributor:
Stefano Candori, aka Cando. He’s worked on other projects, like the GNOME Activity Journal, Emesene and Emesene 2.
Cando has fixed:
Bug 683466 - There are 2 Quit menu options in Quicklist
Which was the annoying thing where applications that generated menus like Tomboy had had two two Quit Quit entries entries. See? I told you it was annoying. He’s currently checking out adding quick lists to the Trash Can. Unless of course you are from England, in which case the correct term is Rubbish Bin.
Here’s the interesting ones for the week. Feel free to grab any of these bugs and start hacking.
- Bug 688830 Select quicklist items with just one right click
- Bug 689929 Update managers Apply Settings window doesn’t trigger unity’s smarthide
- Bug 691114 Quicklists for icons at the bottom of the screen are clipped by screen edge
- Bug 677594 Workspace switcher useless with one workspace
- Bug 681428 scrolling does not work on the sound menu
- Bug 689010 wrong icon for “blank cd-r disc” in launcher
- Bug 683547 Bottom launchers hard to expand with filled launcher bar, need edge scrolling
Here’s the full list.
Other Unity News
Reports are coming in about double window widgets and titles, don’t worry, it’s just a transition while we debug the widgets in the top panel (this is mostly fixed in trunk, expect a proper fix end of this week):
This week also includes fixes from Neil Patel and Jason Smith, with some other fixes from Michael Terry (a unity icon and a category in ccsm), along with the return of launcher drag and drop of icons. (Check out the picture)
The team would also like to send a thanks to Omar Akram and Hernando Torque for their ever vigilant bug work and testing.
Jason Smith ran a Unity Ask Me Anything on reddit if you’re interested in some of the gory details of what it’s like to work on Unity. You can also find more information on Unity from the developers by following the Unity tag on Ask Ubuntu.
Instructions for getting started are available here.
For more information check out the wiki: page:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Bitesize
If you have any questions feel free to pop by on #ayatana on Freenode.