Ubuntu Forums needs single sign on, looking for a PHP developer…
I’m looking for a PHP/OpenID hero to help us in a bit of a bind we have on the forums.
The forums need a branding update, as well as an update to the vbulletin software they’re running. Unfortunately vbulletin doesn’t support openid(!). I know right.
In the past there was a bit of custom php that was done in order to enable Ubuntu users to use their Ubuntu Single Sign On account. This doesn’t work with the new version of vbulletin, and this is a blocker to the upgrade.
I’m in search of a volunteer(s) that can work with the Canonical IS team and the Forums Council to make this happen. Ideally you’d be comfortable with PHP and vbulletin already, and wouldn’t mind a brutal security review from the IS and security teams in Ubuntu, but hey, you’d be the guy that fixed logins on the forums, with all the fame (or infamy) and glory that it entails.
Feel free to ping me in the comments if you’re interested and I can link you up with the right people. The forums have always been a crucial element of Ubuntu’s success, and it’d be a great way to contribute if you’re looking for something to do.
28 Notes/ Hide
- beurer-bc-58 reblogged this from castrojo
- webdesigner42389 likes this
- tagesgeld4konto6 likes this
- que-televisor-led-comprar reblogged this from castrojo
- hp-laserjet-pro-m1536dnf reblogged this from castrojo
- samsung-galaxy-s-in-offerta reblogged this from castrojo
- mxhost reblogged this from castrojo
- castrojo posted this